OUR STORY- The Precis
We are back by popular demand after a successful 2020 season, with a 5* review on Google.
We are an exclusive pop up campsite, open from July 8th 2021 till the 31st August 2021
The campsite has been in the planning for some time, and the team has ample experience of managing and running camping ventures at previous sites.
Have a look through our site. Explore the local area, wonderful walking and awesome attractions - there really is plenty to keep you and your family occupied. It'll be hard to fit in everything with just a few nights - so consider a longer stay, or even add extra nights when you arrive.
The campsite forms part of a wider network of farmed land down through Wooburn Green, Bourne End & Penn. The farm has a long history and has always put environmental management at the heart of its activity. The site is bordered and looks over old and ancient woodlands, and its patchwork of fields includes wild flower strips, meadows and fields used for small scale arable farming.
As the campsite is located on farmed land it is important that children/young people are kept under the supervision of a responsible adult and that signage and out of bound limits are adhered to.
The site is spacious, and is purposefully running at a lower capacity this year to help support a safe and comfortable living environment for all our users.
WHAT WE HAVE:
- Male/Female Toilet Unit
- Accessible Toilet with Baby Change
- Drinking water (on tap!)
- Pots & Pans Wash-up area
- Hot/Cold Running Showers
- Links to local suppliers for meat and basic vegetable provision
- Open spaces for recreation
- A dedicated dog waste bin.
- On site shop, with local produce, meat and some camping supplies
- Views down the valley
- A peaceful and family-orientated site
- Lots of flints! It is a stony site, so be aware when planning your pegs and mallets
Take a look at the gallery for images of our facilities.
WHAT WE DON'T HAVE:
- We cannot provide charging points for phones and devices, there is no charging electric on site.
- We do not have WIFI on the site (though phone signal & 4G is strong).
- We cannot provide any of our shared play facilities (e.g. swings/slides) this year due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- We don't have facilities for large group bookings, including stag/hen do's and the like - we aim to be a small intimate site for peaceful users.
- We take bookings for those 21 and over, unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 25.
Read our T's & C's for more information.
ADVICE TO ENJOY YOUR STAY
"Philip and his team have worked on many projects, both camping and wider afield. It is so exciting that they are finally getting Hedsor Field camping off the ground."
Alison Prickett, Reading
"What a fantastic idea, despite everything going on in the UK, to get this venture up and running and support the local rural economy."
Cameron Brown, Bristol
"I know Philip and his team will do everything they can to ensure your stay is enjoyable. They are such a lovely community focused group."
Hannah Ridley, York
Your happiness and enjoyment is our top priority. We have staff on site or just a quick call away; we are happy to support you as best we can. Before you pack the car up, take a read of our top tips and ideas to enjoy your stay that little bit more.
What to bring?
- A mallet for hammering in those pegs - the ground is a little dry and is quite stony in places
- A water carrier or buy some 'large 5L' bottles of water from a supermarket - this reduces the number of trips to the water tap!
- Games? Balls? Racquets? Things for the kids?
- Some people bring an extra groundsheet for protection from damp, and as extra padding.
- Torches / Hanging lanterns / Solar Lights (all charged up/fresh batteries)
- Wind break?
- Paddling Pool
- Stove / BBQ /Disposable BBQ
[You can only use fire pits hired through the site]
- Chairs, Camping Table, Picnic Blanket
- Washing up bowl and cloth/liquid
- Cool Box / Bag / ice blocks
- All those essential cupboard items (cooking oil, ketchup, salt, pepper, tea, coffee, milk, sugar)
- Your sleeping gear, air beds (pump?), roll mats, camp beds, sleeping bags, pillows
- Wellies (if wet?) and decent walking boots for local strolls
- Cash (as we are largely cash only on site)
If you intend to do your own cooking!
- Pots, pans, frying pan, colander
- Mixing bowls, Tupperware
- Chopping board
- Serving utensils and sharp knives
SEE COVID PAGE FOR FURTHER GUIDANCE ON SANITATION AND HEALTH.